This R6 or 3/8" Wheelchair Blind Bearing Extractor/Installer Mini Tool Kit allows you to remove and replace R6 or 3/8" bearings found in your wheelchair's front caster wheels.
- Easy to Use
- Cost Effective
- Right Tool for the Job
- Less Risk of Damage
- Specialized Design
- Easy to use - this tool is designed specifically to remove bearings from wheelchair front casters
- Cost-effective - you don’t have to buy an entire set of tools just for one or two sizes
- The right tool for the job - most bearing tools are designed for bicycles or cars, not wheelchairs, so you have to make them work, which can damage your gear
- Less risk of damage - a specialized tool reduces the risk of damaging casters as compared to using a flat head screwdriver
Problems this product solves:
Problem 1: Automotive bearing pullers/extractors pull from the lip of the inside ring of the bearing, but a wheelchair hub axle sleeve can prevent the puller from grabbing the ring
Problem 2: Bicycle bearing pullers/extractors are very expensive and do not come in imperial sizes. Most US wheelchair rear wheels are 1/2” and some front forks are 1/2”, some front casters are 3/8” (TiLite I’m looking at you)
Used on the following wheelchair products:
- TiLite Wheelchair Front Caster
- R6 3/8" LiteSpeed Billet Aluminium Wheels
- Any R6 or 3/8" bearing
- Improper removal or installation of bearings can permanently damage casters, rear wheel hubs or caster stems. Please use caution when using brute force.
- Make sure you know the size and types of bearings on your wheelchair and buy the right sizes.
- If you have questions or if we can help please contact us.