R6 or 3/8" Wheelchair Bearing Removal and Installation Tool Kit
Ready to Ship
This Kit includes an R6 or 3/8" Blind Bearing Puller/Extractor, R6 or 3/8" Bearing Installation Tool and Pin Punch which allows you to remove R6 or 3/8" bearings found in your wheelchair's front caster wheels.
- Easy to Use
- Cost Effective
- Right Tool for the Job
- Less Risk of Damage
- Specialized Design
If you want your wheelchair to move faster, go farther and smoother, then you have to maintain your wheelchair’s bearings. Your wheelchair has bearings in three places: front caster, front fork, and rear wheels. Most wheelchair manufacturers say you need to re-grease or change your front caster bearings yearly, and the forks and rear bearings as needed. With the right tools, this is easy to do. This Kit includes an R6 or 3/8" Blind Bearing Puller/Extractor, R6 or 3/8" Bearing Installation Tool and Pin Punch which allows you to remove R6 or 3/8" bearings found in your wheelchair's front caster wheels.
- Easy to use - this tool is designed specifically to remove bearings from wheelchair rear hubs or front forks
- Cost-effective - you don’t have to buy an entire set of tools just for one or two sizes
- Right tool for the job - most bearing tools are designed for bicycles or cars, not wheelchairs, so you have to make them work, which can damage your gear
- Less risk of damage - specialized tool reduces the risk of damaging hub or front fork as compared to using a flat head screwdriver
- Specialized design - designed to accommodate recessed hub for rear wheelchair wheels
Problems this product solves:
Problem 1: Automotive bearing pullers pull from the lip of the inside ring of the bearing, but a wheelchair hub axle sleeve can prevent the puller from grabbing the ring
Problem 2: Bicycle bearing pullers are very expensive and do not come in imperial sizes. Most US wheelchair rear wheels are 1/2” and some front forks are 1/2”, some front casters are 3/8” (TiLite I’m looking at you)
Used with the following wheelchair products:
- TiLite Wheelchair Front Caster
- R6 3/8" LiteSpeed Billet Aluminum Wheels
- Any R6 or 3/8" bearing
- Improper removal or installation of bearings can permanently damage casters, rear wheel hubs or caster stems. Please use caution when using brute force.
- Make sure you know the size and types of bearings on your wheelchair and buy the right sizes.
- If you have questions or if we can help please contact us.
Can't find what you want?
Let us help you find what you are looking for. Please contact us. We have access to many more products and options than we could ever list on our website.
Note About Returns with Upholstery
We are unable to accept returns of any items with upholstery and/or seating.