We created a high-quality bearing line designed for wheelchairs. We wanted to create the smoothest ride for the longest time between service. To do that we focused on the causes of wheelchair bearing breakdown. Water is a wheelchair’s worst enemy, outside narrow-minded people. Our bearings have been designed to mitigate water at every turn. First, we use rubber seals instead of metal. Metal seals have to have big gaps to keep them from creating metal on metal friction. Second, our rubber seals have 2 lips instead of one. Third, we use very high-quality standards and materials, ABEC-5 to be precise. Forth, we use high performance, water-resistant grease, Multemp SRL. The grease is designed to be very stable and smooth in a very wide temperature band and has a number of water-resistant additives.
The bearings are designed to handle harsh environments and keep on working. Each of our Bearing Kits comes with 4x high-quality bearings, 2x cotton swabs for cleaning and remove any old grease, 2x acetone wipes to clean hubs before re-greasing them, 1x high quality grease packet to add an anti-seize bearer between the bearing and the hub and a step by step instruction booklet to make sure you are on track. More zoom less squeak.
Used on the following wheelchair products:
Spinergy R10 Sport Wheels
- Double lipped rubber seals keep water and grime out and grease in longer
- ABEC 5 High-quality bearings make for a smoother ride
- High-quality synthetic grease adds to a longer life, rust prevention, and smoother ride
- Specifically made for wheelchairs
- Use with Spinergy R10 Sport Wheels with 5/8” Axles
Problems this product solves:
Problem 1: Most wheelchair bearings not designed for performance usage
Problem 2: Most wheelchair bearings not designed to high smoothness over the longest period of time
Problem 3: Most wheelchair bearings are not designed to be serviced
Problem 4: Most wheelchair bearings do not use the highest grade materials
What you need before you get started:
- Paper towel or clean rag
- Swear jar
- 2x adjustable wrenches
- 8mm blind bearing puller tool
- Bearing installation tool/ bearing press
- Pin punch
- Clean work surface
- Improper removal or installation of bearings can permanently damage casters, rear wheel hubs or caster stems. Please use caution when using brute force.
- Make sure you know the size and types of bearings on your wheelchair and buy the right sizes.
- If you have questions or if we can help please contact us.