We created a high-quality bearing line designed for wheelchairs. We wanted to create the smoothest ride for the longest time between service. To do that we focused on the causes of wheelchair bearing breakdown. Water is a wheelchair’s worst enemy, outside narrow-minded people. Our bearings have been designed to mitigate water at every turn. First, we use rubber seals instead of metal. Metal seals have to have big gaps to keep them from creating metal on metal friction. Second, our rubber seals have 2 lips instead of one. Third, we use very high-quality standards and materials, ABEC-5 to be precise. Forth, we use high performance, water-resistant grease, Multemp SRL. The grease is designed to be very stable and smooth in a very wide temperature band and has a number of water-resistant additives.
The bearings are designed to handle harsh environments and keep on working. Each of our Bearing Kits comes with 4x high-quality bearings, 2x cotton swabs for cleaning and remove any old grease, 2x acetone wipes to clean hubs before re-greasing them, 1x high quality grease packet to add an anti-seize bearer between the bearing and the hub and a step by step instruction booklet to make sure you are on track. More zoom less squeak.
Used on the following wheelchair products:
- AT903 Composite Urethane 8 X 1-1/4"
- 1290 Composite Cast-Charcoal 8 X 1"
- 1299 Composite Solid Rubber 8 X 1"
- 1228 Composite Semi-Pneumatic After 6-9-97 8 X 1-3/4"
- 1492 Composite Pneu. w/ Flat Free Insert 8 X 1-1/4"
- 1292 Composite Pneumatic 8 X 1-1/4"
- 1251BK Composite Pneumatic 8 x 2"
- 9000 Topaz Caster Bearings
- 1259 Deep Profile 6 x 2"
- 1292 Composite Pneumatic 8 X 1-1/4" Flat Free
- Nutron® Caster
- P7E™ Casters
- Pronto R2 Caster Bearing
- Storm Series® 6" Caster
- Storm Series® 8" Caster
- Storm Series® 9" Caster
- Youthmobile 3000 5" Casters
- HTR Tilt/Recline Fork Mount
- Invacare® 300 & 400 Scooter Fork Mount
- Power Tiger™ Fork Mount
- Youthmobile 9000 Fork Mount Top
Manufacturers Part Numbers:
Invacare Part Number 1006049
Improper removal or installation of bearings can permanently damage casters, rear wheel hubs or caster stems. Please use caution when using brute force.
Make sure you know the size and types of bearings on your wheelchair and buy the right sizes.